WHAT IS DIGITAL MARKETING????
We all have at least once in our life heard the word digital marketing and tried to know that what is it. So let’s know about digital marketing.
The simplest thing we can say about digital marketing is that it’s a part of marketing and in this part, we use the digital way of marketing.
So before knowing the digital marketing let’s get a piece of short and brief information about the marketing and then we will know about digital marketing deeply.
What is marketing?
Marketing refers to activities taken by a company to promote the buying and selling of a product or service .marketing includes advertising selling and delivering the product to the consumers and other business.
The activity of showing and advertising a company’s product in the best possible way.
According to the American marketing association –
The activity set of institution and processes for creating, communicating, delivering, and exchanging offering that has value for customers, clients, partners and society at large.
How does marketing work?
Product, price, place, promotion are the four pillars of the marketing.
- Products –product is an item or more than an item produced by the company or business for the customers and other business.
- Price-price is the amount or cost of the product. That is decided by the company. It includes unit cost, marketing cost and distribution cost.
- Place -Place is a certain area where the product will be delivered.
- Promotion-promotion refers to the action in which companies run a campaign to the integrated marketing community. It includes a verity of activities such as advertising, selling, sales, public relation etc.
What is digital marketing?
So after knowing the marketing let’s know about digital marketing.
When it comes to defining digital marketing there are lots of definitions about it. But in all, we will see a common thing about it and that is it “digital marketing is a digital way of marketing”.
Let’s know digital marketing deeply.
‘Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using technologies mainly on the internet. But it also includes mobile phones, display advertising and any other digital medium.’
In other words, we explain the digital marketing as ‘digital marketing is a digital way of marketing in which we use all the digital medium and platforms that is available on the internet such as search engines, social media, email, and website to connect to the customers and create awareness, consideration, purchase and loyalty for a product or services.’
WHY CHOOSE DIGITAL MARKETING?
When it comes to comparing digital marketing to traditional marketing to decide which one is better? Then here are some points and facts to understand it better.
- In present time traditional marketing involves the presence of T.V ads, Outdoor ads, newspaper ads and radio ads but digital marketing involves online platform like a search engine, social media, website, emails etc.
- In traditional marketing, we cannot target our specific audience but in digital marketing, we can target our audience.
- In the traditional method, we cannot interact with our audience but in the digital method, we can easily interact with the audience.
- Where the traditional method is costly and its reach is local only big brands can afford this method globally but in the digital method it cost-effective and anyone can reach globally.
- In the traditional method, we cannot measure the result but in the digital method, we can.
So here are some facts that tell why digital marketing is better than traditional.
EXAMPLES OF DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS OR PLATFORMS
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION
- CONTENT MARKETING
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- E-MAIL MARKETING
- AFFILIATE MARKETING
- MOBILE MARKETING
Those are some common tools of digital marketing.
SOME SHORT NOTES ON DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS.
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION-
This is the method of optimizing your website to rank higher in Google and search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic for your website. The channels that benefit from SEO include websites and blogs.
- CONTENT MARKETING-
This part is related to the creation and promotion of content assets to generate brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, and customers. The channels that can play a part in your content marketing strategy include.
- SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING-
In this part the digital marketer promotes your brand and your content to social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business.
Some social media platforms.
A . Facebook
- E-MAIL MARKETING–
Companies use email marketing as a way of communicating with their audiences. Email is often used to promote content, discounts and events, as well as to direct people toward the business’s website.
- AFFILIATE MARKETING–
Affiliate marketing is very common in digitally active persons. This is a type of performance-based advertising where you receive a commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website. Affiliate marketing channels include.
- Hosting video ads through the YouTube partners program.
- Posting affiliate links from your social media accounts.
- MOBILE MARKETING–
In this part of digital marketing we doing marketing throw using of a mobile.
This is how we create a website using C.M.S (content management system) and sometimes by coding and serve the needy with making some profits.
So here are some brief intros of digital marketing.